The Center for Education and Training worked with Arc + Crown to create a valuable language assessment tool (English and French) for newcomers to Canada to be able to gauge their literacy skills. These tools included video scenarios, photos, and audio files which were then housed on their existing LMS system.
Our process for this project:
- Worked with external consultant to confirm scenarios and talent requirements based on timeline and budgetary constraints
- Conducted casting sessions for both English and French non-union talent pools
- Sourced locations for photo requirements; kitchen store, clothing store, and doctor’s office.
- Prepared shot lists, work-back schedule and call sheets to keep all crew, talent and partners on-track
- Managed all props and set design for the staging of various scenes including; home kitchen, office, living room, library, reception, classroom, news anchor and others.
- Coordinated and directed numerous full day multi-camera shoots at the client’s facility as well as off-site.
- Delivered approximately 25 video scenarios, 70 audio scenes, and 15 photos.
The finished result was a series of high quality assets that focused on what mattered most to the client: being easy to understand, having excellent sound production, and various pacing speeds to match the level of difficulty of each test question. This free resource is sure to assist many newcomers to Canada, and we are proud to have been involved.
Blue Swan Financial Legacy Challenge
Allan Madonik, wealth and health broker at Blue Swan Financial, wished to announce his corporate initiative, the Blue Swan Legacy Challenge, for charity. For each insurance policy he would sell, a portion of the proceeds would go to the non-profit organization Ve’ahavta’s mobile outreach van. This was a program that puts necessities and supplies in the hands of people experiencing homelessness and poverty.
Arc + Crown decided to create a storyline narrative focusing on Allan as a person, as a means to retell and recreate the heartfelt experiences and motivations underlying Allan’s purpose and mission.
Our process for this project:
• A thorough discovery meeting to dig deep into Allan’s three defining factors: His “Desire, Complexity, and Uniqueness”
• Creation of an in-depth storyboard that conceptualized a purposeful narrative arc
• Compiling of tailored interview prompts to inch the subject towards providing story-relevant responses, while maintaining a natural dialogue.
• Branding discussions with both Blue Swan and Ve’ahavta to ensure all branding requirements (in terms of visuals and language) were respected for both associated parties.
• Creation of a detailed shoot schedule to ensure all planned shots could be achieved within the allotted time.
• Review process involved both Blue Swan and Ve’ahavta for approval from all related parties.
• Final delivery of the finished product
The Blue Swan Legacy Challenge is Arc + Crown’s testament to the time-honoured adage that “emotion is key.” While the purpose of the project was to showcase Blue Swan’s commitment to their corporate responsibility, the overarching goal of this video was to maintain the authenticity of Allan’s experiences and message. This project also displays Arc + Crown’s commitment towards brand requirements. Ve’ahavta set clear limitations to ensure that the proper respect and dignity was granted to individuals with their faces shown in the video, many of whom were experiencing difficult times such as homelessness and poverty. Arc and Crown worked closely with Ve’ahavta and Blue Swan’s teams to ensure such respect was given.